Scott Cinemas run Supportive Screenings (Autism Friendly) at our cinemas in Barnstaple, East Grinstead & Exmouth.
These are shows that are held in a supportive environment - lighting is left at half level, sound is turned down low, and people are free to move around the auditorium and talk to others.
How does a Supportive (Autism Friendly) screening differ from any other cinema screening?
- House lights are left on low setting;
- The sound is turned down to a lower volume;
- There will be no trailers or ads before the film;
- People are allowed to move around during the screening and make a bit of noise; (Important: You'll be asked to remain seated during the performance due to the current Covid restrictions. Marks must also be worn, unless you're eating or drinking)
- The film will start promptly at the time advertised
Supportive screenings will be held on the 2nd Sunday of every month at 10.30am, and the cinema doors are open from 10.00am. We will do our very best to give at least 4 weeks notice on a film.
Please note that film titles may change at any point up until the film appears for booking.
Schedule for 2022:
Barnstaple, East Grinstead, Exmouth: Top Gun: Maverick (12A) - Sunday 12th June - PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT YOUR REGULAR TITLE AIMED AT YOUNGER AUDIENCE MEMBERS. Due to lack of films aimed at younger audience members, we'll be showing 'Top Gun: Maverick' which is 12A rated.
Top Gun: Maverick
After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous tes...