Ticket Purchase Terms & Conditions
Dated 23rd January 2018. Our standard conditions of ticket purchase are as follows, and that the purchasing of a ticket is deemed to legally constitute acceptance of them. These Terms & Conditons include, but are not limited to:
1. The management reserves the right to refuse admission and / or require a customer to leave the premises without a refund. We are under no legal obligation to admit a customer, nor give a reason for refusing to do so. We will not tolerate any abuse of our staff members, physical or verbal, in any form. Aggressive, threatening or abusive behaviour or language can result in a lifetime ban from the premises.
2. WTW-Scott Cinemas require adults accompanying children to exercise reasonable levels of control over them to ensure their behaviour is deemed socially acceptable by other customers and staff, and appropriate to the situation/surroundings. Where this is not deemed to be the case, our staff reserve the right to intervene.
3. If forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to cancel a performance, vary the film, vary the time of exhibition or change a seat allocation. In such cases our liability will be limited to the purchase of the ticket only, and is an all cases at our discretion. Any incidental costs (such as, but not limited to, parking fees, concessions purchases and booking fees) are the customers sole responsibility. Guest tickets are discretionary admittance tokens and have no monetary value. These may be withdrawn, or admission refused, without notice.
4. In all other circumstances tickets are not transferable or refundable less than 2 (Two) hours before the programme time printed on the ticket, and transfer / cancellation charges will apply. An e-mail to our Customer Service department (via the Contact form on our website) before the 2 hour deadline is also acceptable where other methods are not possible outside of cinema opening hours, and in this circumstance please be aware that we may require you to visit the cinema with a printed copy of the e-mail, or to send it by mail to the cinema, in order for us to process a refund. Transfers / refunds after this time will only be allowed in extreme circumstances, and are at the discretion of Head Office, not the cinema duty manager. A form and prepaid envelope will be provided for the purposes of claims under these conditions. Any refunds must be requested within 7 days of cancelled/missed/unsatisfactory performances, either by e-mail to email@example.com or using the form provided by the cinema. Forms must be received at our head office within 28 days of the performance.
5. No refunds will be made in cases where the customer has watched the whole film without alerting the management to the existence of a problem detrimental to their proper enjoyment during the performance. If we are unable to rectify a problem during the show, a full refund of the ticket price and any booking fee charged will be gladly refunded during the show, but we are not liable for additional purchases made, or other costs incurred, by the customer and no refunds are available where problems are raised with staff after the show has ended. Customers who have watched the film are deemed to have found it acceptable.
6. Both the purchaser and holder of tickets are required to observe the conditions laid down by The British Board Of Film Classification Certificate for the film being exhibited. Young people and / or any adult accompanying them may be required to provide proof of the young person's age. The word of an accompanying adult is not regarded as proof, and in all cases it is at the sole discretion of the manager to judge the young person's age. This is a legal licensing requirement, it is not within the law for us OR the accompanying adult to allow under age viewing of any films.
7. Reduced priced tickets are available to recipients of state retirement pensions for which proof may be required. Children aged 14 years and under may receive a discount for U, PG and 12A certificate films only.
8. Alcoholic drinks may not be brought on to the premises, and anyone deemed by the manager to be intoxicated will be refused admission.
9. Smoking is now not permitted inside cinemas by law. Relatively sheltered areas can be found to the side of most sites, and films in excess of three hours generally have comfort breaks.
10. With the exception of on-call members of the emergency services, mobile telephones, tablets and cameras must be switched off in the auditorium. Sound and Visual recording of films is illegal and the police will be informed. We reserve the right to use night vision and recording apparatus to monitor the audience in the cinemas at any time.
11. Food or drink not purchased from us is prohibited on the premises except on medical grounds, where evidence may be required. We reserve the right to inspect the contents of customer's bags, etc. for security reasons, banned items and illegal substances.
12. Any items of baggage, or accessories such as prams, left with our staff will be subject to a security search. WTW-Scott Cinemas take no responsibility for the contents of any bags left, and the onus is on the customer to ensure that valuable items are removed where necessary.
13. WTW-Scott Cinemas are not responsible for errors in information received from third parties, including newspapers. These third parties may include a number of website listings that do not receive any information from WTW-Scott Cinemas. Our official website at www.scottcinemas.co.uk should always be checked for current, accurate program times.
14. WTW-Scott Cinemas takes the protection of children very seriously. For this reason we may refuse admission to adults who do not have children with them for films aimed primarily at youngsters and, if they are admitted, we may require them to sit towards the rear of the auditorium. At certain times and for certain films, we may require unaccompanied under 15's to sit in the front of the auditorium for their own safety and protection.
15. All customers should be dressed in a manner that does not cause offence to other customers, or that our staff deem inappropriate. All of our screens are air conditioned to provide cool conditions in hot weather, for your comfort, without the need to remove layers of clothing. Please be aware that customers are not permitted to enter cinema screens while barefoot, due to Health & Safety concerns.
16. Skateboards, roller blades, scooters and "heelys" must not be taken into cinema screens. The use of such accessories within a cinema poses a serious health and safety risk to both the users and to other customers. In some cases these can be left with cinema staff, but we would urge you to leave these at home where possible.
17. As a courtesy to your fellow audience members, and to prevent film theft, we ask that customers do not enter any cinema auditorium using any 'wearable technology' capable of recording images. Any customer found wearing such technology will be asked to remove it and may be asked to leave the cinema.
18. WTW-Scott Cinemas reserve the right to use CCTV recording equipment in public areas of cinemas, for the protection of our customers, our staff and our business. We will comply with all local authority and police requests should they wish to obtain CCTV footage from any of our systems.
20. For your enjoyment and the enjoyment of others, we strongly recommend that very young children are taken to our specially tailored and great-value Kid's Club weekend performances rather than standard screenings. However, the MAJORITY of our cinemas allow babies entry to morning and afternoon shows of child friendly U, PG and even some 12A certificate films. This is always at the Duty Manager's discretion and the decision is based on many factors, including the type of film, the audience and the numbers present for that film. If entry is permitted we ask that babies are taken out of the screen if they cause any disturbance whatsoever, and failure to do this will result in all members of the group being asked to leave. No refunds will be given under these circumstances. We may consider a goodwill refund if you bring the baby out yourself, but are unable to calm them enough to re-enter the screen within a reasonable time. Under 2's, if admitted, are free if they sit on a carer's lap, but will be charged for if they occupy a seat. All 3 year olds and over will be charged the child's rate whether they occupy a seat or not. If customers pre-book and are not permitted entry a full refund will be given excluding booking charges, so we do suggest checking film suitability with the cinema beforehand. The standard call-rate landline numbers for each cinema can be found on our FAQ page.
22. The above is a summary of our terms and conditions, further restrictions may apply without notice at our discretion.
22. NONE OF THE ABOVE TO AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
Website & Social Media Competitions
Dated 23rd January 2018. These terms set out the legally binding terms and conditions which apply to all competitions on this website, Facebook & Twitter.
1. The primary promoter for all competitions on this website, Facebook & Twitter is WTW-Scott Cinemas Ltd. Merchandise may be provided by a third party, the details of which will be described within the promotion.
2. When entering a competition via Facebook or Twitter, the Social Media provider is in no way associated with WTW-Scott Cinemas Ltd, or any other promoter involved.
3. Only one entry is allowed per person; multiple entries will be discarded.
4. The following persons may not enter these competitions: employees of WTW-Scott Cinemas Ltd, WTW-Scott Cinemas Southwest Ltd, WTW Cinemas Ltd, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the competition.
5. All prize winners will be selected at random.
6. Prize winners will be contacted either by Direct Message, or by e-mail/telephone. If any prizes not claimed within 28 days, WTW-Scott Cinemas reserve the right to either re-draw the prize winner or remove the competition from activity. Prizes won will be despatched within 21 days of the winner being announced.
7. All prizes that involve cinema tickets require the winners acceptance of our standard Terms & Condition of Ticket Purchase.
8. WTW-Scott Cinemas, and any third party promoters, reserve the right to alter the prizes offered at any time. Any merchandise will be substituted by that of an equal or higher value.
9. There is no cash alternative to any prize.
10. WTW-Scott Cinemas reserve the right to amend or change a competition at any time
11. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request marked with the name of the competitions to: Promotions & Marketing, WTW-Scott Cinemas Ltd, 51 Northumbria Drive, Henleaze, Bristol, BS8 4HN.
12. Further Terms & Conditions regarding individual competitions may be specified.
Dated 29th March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information that you may choose to share with us when using our website, mailing list and other facilities.
• To keep your data safe and private
• Not to sell or pass on your data to any third party
• To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
Personally Identifiable Information
Use of Your Personal Information
The information you provide to us, as described above, will not be shared with any third party - including people and data networks. Where you have signed up to an online membership account, we may use your supplied email address to send occasional, non-intrusive, promotional emails as well as weekly film times. You can manage these subscriptions online and can remove your data by surrendering the service subscription at any time. If you choose to use the Membership functions of our website, our system may remember some key indicators such as: the films you have watched, the time and date of your visits and what you chose to purchase at the concessions stand. We collate this information, so we can personalise the offers we may send you, and also so you can see your activity through your Membership history.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
You can withdraw your consent for us to store or process your information. Please contact us if you want to do so. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. If this is so, we will tell you.
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us if you want to do this. If you do, we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it. You can also amend certain details yourself by logging into your online account.
Sending Data Outside of the EU
We will only send your data outside of the European Union, if;
• You ask us to
• We need to comply with a legal duty
Neither our website, nor WTW-Scott Cinemas Ltd, collects any financial information you may provide. Financial data provided during the booking process (such as your credit card number) is neither stored, nor shared with Scott Cinemas by any means. Scott Cinemas does not have access to credit/debit card numbers, and cannot search for bookings using the number alone, unless the card is presented at the cinema box office. Where we may opt to sell you a ticket over the telephone (as a “Customer not Present” transaction, usually for booking wheelchair bays) we will ask you for your credit or debit card details, which are input directly to the ePos system – once input, your card details are no longer available to us by any means. We will never ask you for a PIN.
Other Websites & Third Parties
Our website may contain links to other websites. Scott Cinemas accepts no responsibility for any personal information that you may choose to provide to any third party linked from this website.
If you need to contact us by Telephone, we don't track or record your call in any way.
Your Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you at any time. To make such a request, please use the “Personal Information Request” option of the contact form on our website. In line with the GDPR, we will not make a charge for this and will return all queries within one calendar month.
We hold your Personal Information for as long as you hold a membership with us, be it online or in-cinema, which you have the right to terminate at any time.
Your Right of Complaint
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact us using our secure online contact form, email address or by contacting any cinema directly via the telephone. You have the right to complain to the ICO if you believe there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Data Controllers & Data Processors
For the purposes of the GDPR, the data controller is WTW-SCOTT Cinemas Ltd & WTW-SCOTT Cinemas Southwest Ltd. For the purposes of the GDPR, the Data Processor is Jack Roe (CS) Ltd (Trading as Jacro Cinema Sales) for in-cinema ePos and advance booking; and Steerment Ltd for mailing lists and online (non-booking) activity.
In-Cinema Data Collection
We do not allow any third parties to collect any form of data on our premises or in our name.
We reserve the right to use CCTV and recording equipment on our premises, including foyers and auditoria, for the protection of our customers, our staff and our business. Recorded images are kept for 30 days, in line with local authority requirements. Recorded images may be disseminated to law enforcement officials where requested, and Scott Cinemas comply with all requests for dissemination where applicable. Recorded images are never shared with any other third party, or anybody not associated with law enforcement.
Occasionally, we may undertake local postcode surveys. The purpose of this is to establish the reach of our audience and to see where you are coming from to visit us. The allows us to establish parameters such as our local market share. Participation is always optional. Postcodes surveyed are not shared with any person outside of the company and are used solely as a demographical exercise.
In the event you wish to contact us about any of the above, or wish to request a copy of the Data we hold about you, please use the Contact form on the 'Contact' page of our website, or e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.